This vegan, gluten free lasagna is easy to make and oh so satisfying. Traditional lasagnas are full of dairy, wheat, meat and other fillers that lower your vibes and cause weight gain and dramatic blood sugar spikes. Swap your next lasagna recipe for this super simple, healing alternative. This recipe can easily be doubled so that you have extra for your lunch the next day!
Ingredient feature: Cashew Nut! Cashews are rich in vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. They contain vitamins E, K, and B6, along with minerals most people are deprived of like copper, phosphorus, zinc, magnesium, iron and selenium. Cashews, along with other nuts, are terrific for your heart health. Nuts are cholesterol free and help lower your blood pressure and unhealthy cholesterol levels. They also have high amounts of arginine, which keep the inner lining of your artery walls strong and healthy.
Ingredients for the cashew cheese:
· 1 ¼ cup raw organic cashews, soaked 6-10 hours and drained
· 2 cups of organic cauliflower steamed and drained
· ½ cup fresh organic basil
· 1 teaspoon garlic powder
· ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
· Sea salt and black pepper to taste
Ingredients for the lasagna:
· 3 large organic zucchinis
· 2 cups of organic tomato sauce (look for something with NO added sugar)
· 2 cups of organic arugula (or about ½ a small plastic container sold at most grocery stores)
· ½ cup of organic basic, shredded
· 1 tablespoon of virgin olive oil
· Fresh parsley to garnish
How to make:
1. Prep the cashew cheese by blending all the ingredients in the food processor. A heavy-duty blender like a Vitamix will do just fine if you don’t own a food processor. This will take about 3-4 minutes or until the cheese is looking creamy.
2. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
3. Slice each zucchini into thick noodle slices. You want them around 1/3 of a centimeter in width. Sprinkle each slice with a generous serving of salt. Let the noodles sit for 20-minutes and dehydrate – this is an important step to get the added moisture out of the noodles so that they are firm and tasty when cooked. Pat the noodles with paper towel as the water is pulled out of them.
4. Spread 3 tablespoons of tomato sauce on the bottom of your baking pan. Lay the noodles on the bottom of the pan.
5. Start layering the lasagna! First put a layer of ½ cup of sauce and then a ¼ cup of cashew cheese. Then add a generous layer of greens and sprinkle the top with basil.
6. Repeat the layering process until you have a top layer of sauce and cheese.
7. Bake the lasagna covered for 25-minutes. Take the cover off and cook it for another 20-minutes so that it can get crispy and brown.
8. Let the lasagna cool before diving in. Bona petit!