Ukrainian Borscht… everyone knows what it is and many people around the world have fallen in love with this iconic beet soup.The color of this soup almost feels therapeutic during the winter months! Bright and vibrant and full of healthy fresh veggies, Borscht nourishes body and soul.
· 2 tablespoons olive oil
· 3 medium beets, peeled and diced (½ inch)
· 2 medium carrots, peeled and diced (½ inch)
· 1 medium onion, chopped
· 2 garlic cloves, minced
· 4 cups vegetable broth
· 2 tablespoons tomato paste
· 2 cups finely chopped cabbage
· 2 stalks celery, sliced
· 2 tablespoons lemon juice
· ½ cup chopped fresh dill, plus more for serving
· sea salt and black pepper to taste
· ¼ cup Grounded Flaxseed
· chopped fresh chives for serving
· 1 cucumber, sliced
· Vegan cream or plain Vegan yogurt for garnish
1. Coat the bottom of a large pot with olive oil and place over medium heat.
2. When the oil is hot, add the beets, carrots, garlic and onions.
3. Sauté until the veggies begin to soften, about 10 minutes.
4. Stir in the broth, tomato paste, cabbage and celery.
5. Raise the heat and bring the liquid to a boil.
6. Lower the heat and allow to simmer until the veggies are tender, 15-20 minutes.
7. Remove the pot from the heat and stir in lemon juice and dill.
8. Then stir in the Omega3NutraCleanse and let it stand for 5 minutes as it thickens up and cools down.
9. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
10. Ladle the soup into bowls and top with sour cream or yogurt, sliced cucumbers and fresh chives.