Broccoli has been quoted in Forbes as “The only vegetable you need to eat to be healthy.” It creates healthy gut bacteria, promotes bowel health and boosts your immune system. One cup of broccoli has the same amount of protein as rice or corn, with half the calories. Add more of this super food green to your plates this holiday season to keep yourself full and energized as a way to prevent over eating!
This creamy vegan soup is easy to make and will leave you feeling nourished and satisfied.
· 1 tablespoon of hemp oil
· 3 cups of broccoli, chopped
· 1 cup carrots, chopped into small pieces
· 1 cup celery, chopping into small pieces
· ½ cup onion, chopped into small pieces
· 1 clove of garlic, minced
· 1 inch of ginger minced
· ¼ teaspoon of Himalayan pink salt
· 1 ½ cups of vegan broth
· 1 cup of unsweetened plant milk (we recommend macadamia milk)
· ¼ cup of coconut milk
· 2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
· 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
· In a large sauce pan, sauté the broccoli, carrots, celery, onion, garlic and ginger in hemp oil. Sprinkle with pink salt and turmeric powder. Cooked through to get vegetables soft.
· Whisk in the vegan broth, unsweetened plant-based milk and nutritional yeast. Simmer over low heat for 15-minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Time to puree the soup! Blend with a hand-held stick to the consistency of your liking.
This recipe can be doubled easily for extra servings. Get creative by trying different plant-based milks and veggies to keep it interesting.