This vegan bean salad is the ultimate meal after long day om the Hill or the Course.
Grab a large salad bowl and dump in 6-8+ handfuls of organic spring mix. Then scoop in 2 cups of your premade bean salad. Toss, serve, VOILA! Beans are packed full of protein and fiber to help curb sugar cravings and shed pounds. Include beans in your diet regularly to keep you LEAN and REGULAR.
This salad yields 6 cups and can easily be doubled for a larger serving!
Organic Ingredients for the Salad:
· 2 cups cooked or sprouted chickpeas
· 2 cups cooked red kidney beans
· 1 red bell pepper cut into small pieces (choose one in season)
· 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
· 2 stalks celery, peeled and diced
· ¼ cup of fresh dill
· ¾ cup fresh parsley, chopped finely
· 2 green onions, chopper finely
· Pink salt and pepper
Organic Ingredients for the Dressing:
· Juice from 2 lemons, about the equivalent of 12 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
· 1 tablespoon of avocado oil (add more if desired)
· 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
· 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
· 3 cloves of minced garlic
· Pink Salt and pepper
Let’s get cooking!
1 Mix the chickpeas and red kidney beans in with the bell pepper, cucumber, celery, dill, parsley and green onions.
2 In a small bowl, use a whisk to combine all the ingredients for your dressing. Taste along the way adding more or less oil, pink salt and pepper until it’s the flavor you desire!
3 Mix the dressing in to the salad. Let the salad sit in the fridge for an hour to absorb the flavor of the dressing! This salad will last for 3 days in the fridge and tastes better with time as the salad absorbs more dressing.
4 TIP: Serve on a large bed of fresh Butter Lettuce!