Creamy Ginger Carrot Soup
Warm up this winter with a bowl of this rich, creamy soup. This comforting soup is prepared with plant-based ingredients that will nourish your insides as much as your soul. The lime and ginger give it a great kick!
Ginger is one of the healthiest spices on the planets. It’s been used for centuries for its medicinal spices and exceptional flavour. Ginger helps digestion, reduce nausea and fights the flu and common cold. The main bioactive ingredient in ginger is Gingerol – which is a potent anti-inflammatory and loaded with antioxidants.
Creamy Ginger-Lime Carrot Soup
· 2lb of carrots, sliced
· 3 ½ cups of water
· 1 tablespoon of curry powder
· 1 teaspoon of chili pepper
· 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
· 1 can of organic full-fat coconut milk, unsweetened
· 1 organic lime, juiced
· 1 ½ tablespoon fresh organic ginger, grated
· Small bunch of Cilantro
· Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Cook the sliced carrots in 3 ½ cups of water until you can easily pierce them with a fork.
2. Using a hand blender, mix the carrots with the curry, turmeric and chili powder.
3. Pour in the coconut milk and let the mix simmer for a few minutes.
4. Add the fresh squeezed lime juice to the pot with freshly grated ginger. Topped with Cilantro & Season with salt and pepper and you’re ready to eat!